CALL FOR PAPERS
The Editorial Board invites you to submit high quality papers for review and possible publication in The Nexus, a journal published by Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin. The journal is blind peer-reviewed and published in two editions: one for the humanities cluster and the other for the science cluster. Thus, the Editorial Board welcomes submissions of full-length original articles from all fields. While the deadline for submission of papers for the maiden editions (which are expected to be out of press before the current year ends) is Monday, 6th of September, 2021. Submission of papers for subsequent volumes will be countenanced throughout the year.
GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT PRESENTATION AND SUBMISSION
- The title page should contain the full names of the author(s), institutional affiliation and a very short biodata. Note that the first page of the main text should begin with the title of the article (repeated) just before the abstract. However, the name and address of the author(s) should not reflect on this page for the purpose of blind review.
- The length of the main article should not exceed 20 typed double-spaced pages (or 6,000 words) using Times New Roman, Point/Font Size 12. Papers submitted should be well structured into sections (and sub-sections where necessary). Title of each section/subsection should not exceed 16 words.
- Abstract of not more than 250 words should be followed by Keywords (not more than five).
- For uniformity and consistency, the structure of each article should reflect, but may not be limited to, the following segments: Introduction; Theoretical Construct/Literature Review; Study Design/Methodology; Textual/Data Analysis; Discussion of Findings; Conclusion (and Recommendation, if applicable); and References (and Short Appendix where applicable).
- Operational terms expressions should be defined. Symbols, abbreviation, and acronyms should be defined the first time they appear in the paper. All tables and figures should be numbered chronologically. Authors should incorporate the supplementary sections like materials and methods, texts, tables and figures in the body of essay where they appear; NOT as a separate file.
- In-text citations and end-reference list should conform to the specifications in the current APA document (i.e. APA 7th Edition).
- Manuscripts should be subjected to meticulous editorial scrutiny to rid them of grammatical infelicities and mechanical slips before submissions are made.
- Manuscripts formatted in Ms-Word should be submitted along with its PDF version and to:
- The Nexus:
- Prof G. O. Akashoro
- Dr. Q. O. Nurudeen