OYELAKIN Akinyemi Moruff, PhD is a seasoned Computer Science lecturer and ICT specialist with over fifteen years of experience both as lecturer and ICT professional. Dr. Oyelakin hails from Akinwale’s Compound at Oke Ofa Atipe Ibadan in Oyo State. He was educated at I.M.G. Primary School, Total Garden Ibadan and Basorun Ojoo High School, Ashi Road, Ibadan, both in Oyo State, Nigeria. He equally obtained National Diploma in Computer Science from Federal Polytechnic, Offa in 2002 with Distinction Classification. He had B.Sc. Computer Science (Second Class Upper) and M.Sc. Computer Science from University of Ilorin and University of Lagos respectively. He completed his Doctoral Degree in Computer Science (with focus on malware analysis, classification and mitigation) at University of Ilorin in 2021.
He currently lectures in the Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Nigeria. Prior to his full time appointment at Al-Hikmah University in 2015, he has worked in different capacities in technology, oil servicing, aviation and educational sectors for more than seven years. He is serving as the departmental coordinator of postgraduate programmes in the Department of Computer Science till date. He was appointed as the Sub-Dean of Postgraduate School, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin in October 2021 and still holds the office till date.
Dr. Oyelakin is a member of many professional associations which include Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), IAENG and Internet Society. Also, he is a certified Microsoft and IBM professional. He has been serving as the Vice-Chairman of Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) Kwara State Chapter since April 2018. He has served many developmental committees within and outside the University for years. He has published more than 30 articles in peer reviewed journals and conferences at local and international research outlets. He has also successfully supervised several undergraduate and postgraduate students’ research projects and dissertations respectively.
He has attended and presented papers at many conferences and currently serves as reviewer of Nigeria Computer Society yearly conferences and International Innovative Computing Review Journal, Pakistan. Dr. Oyelakin is very versatile and competent in the use of various programming languages and a good number of ICT-based research tools. His current areas of research interest include: Security/Privacy, Data Science, Computer Networks, Medical Image Analysis and Pattern Recognition. In 2019, he won NCS-Jim Ovia PhD Scholarship Award during his PhD pursuit at University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria. He is happily married with children.
PhD Computer Science 2021
M.Sc. Computer Science 2014
B.Sc. (Hons) Computer Science, Second Class Upper 2006
ND Computer Science (Distinction) 2002
Security,Mobile Computing,Health Informatics and Machine Learning
1. Oyelakin A. M., Olatinwo I. S., Rilwan D. M.,Azeez R. D. & Obiwusi Y. K (2021). Investigation into the Performances of Supervised Learning Algorithms in different Phishing Datasets, Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology and Science (PJETS), 9(2), 24-32
2. Oyelakin A. M., Alimi M. O., Mustapha I.O. & Ajiboye I. K. (2021). Analysis of Single and Ensemble Machine Learning Classifiers for Phishing Attacks Detection (2021). International Journal of Software Engineering and Computer Systems, View of ANALYSIS OF SINGLE AND ENSEMBLE MACHINE LEARNING CLASSIFIERS FOR PHISHING ATTACKS DETECTION (ump.edu.my), 7(2), 44-49
3. Oyelakin A. M., Muhammad-Thani S., Salau-Ibrahim T. T., Rilwan D. M. (2021). Performance Analysis of Selected Machine Learning Algorithms for the Detection of Cervical Cancer Based on Behavioral Risk Dataset, International Journal of Information Security, Privacy and Digital Forensics (IJIS), a Journal of Nigeria Computer Society , available at: https://library.ncs.org.ng/journal-of-information-security-privacy-and-digital-forensic-volume-5-no-1-june-2021/
4. Oyelakin A.M. & Jimoh R.G. (2021), A Survey of Feature Extraction and Feature Selection Techniques Used in Machine Learning-Based Botnet Detection Schemes, VAWKUM Transactions on Computer Sciences, 9 (2021),1-7, available at https://vfast.org/journals/index.php/VTCS/article/view/604/658
5. Oyelakin A. M., Agboola R.O., Abdullah F. and Yusuf S.A. (2021). Students’ Perception Towards the Design of Custom Computer Aided Instruction Solution for Teaching and Learning of Undergraduate Physics, Amity Journal of Computational Sciences, Amity University, India, 4(2) , available at https://amity.edu/UserFiles/aijem/1432.pdf
6. Oyelakin A. Moruff (2021). A Random Forest Classifier for the Classification of Breast Cancer, Daffodil International University (DIUJST) Journal of Science and Technology, 16(2),1-5, available at dspace.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd:8080/bitstream/handle/123456789/5936/DIUJST-137-FinalManuscript.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
7. Rilwan Dauda Magaji, Oyelakin A. Moruff, Usman Mohammed Abubakar (2021). Design and Implementation of a Custom, Web-Based Cooperative Loan Application Management System (A Case Study of ASCHIRT Cooperative), Equity Journal of Science and Technology, a Tetfund-funded Journal of Kebbi State University, Aliero, Kebbi State, 8(1), 1-7, available at 14-1608654091.pdf (ejmanager.com)
8. Oyelakin A. Moruff, Alimi O. Maruf, & Abdulrauf Tosho (2020). Performance Analysis of Selected Machine Learning Algorithms for the Classification of Phishing URLs, Journal of Computer Science and Control Systems, 13(2), 16–19 , available at https://electroinf.uoradea.ro/images/articles/CERCETARE/Reviste/JCSCS/JCSC_V13_N2_oct2020/JCSCS VOL 13 NO 2 OCTOBER 2020 Oyelakin_Performance.pdf
9. Oyelakin A. M. , Salau-Ibrahim T. T., Ogidan B. S., Azeez R. D, & Ajiboye I. K. (2020). Using Machine Learning Techniques for Predicting Covid-19 Cases-An Overview of Evolving Datasets and their Promising Features, Anale. Seria Informatică. Vol. XVIII fasc. 2 – 2020
10. Oyelakin A.M. & Jimoh R.G. (2020).The Paradigm Shift of Centralised Botnets to Decentralised DGA-Botnets in the Underground Cyber Economy: An Overview, Journal of Computer Science and Control Systems, Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, Oredia University , Romania 13(1), 48-51, available at https://electroinf.uoradea.ro/images/articles/CERCETARE/Reviste/JCSCS/JCSC_V13_N1_may2020/JCSCS VOL 13 NO 1 MAY 2020 Oyelakin_The_Paradigm.pdf
11. Oyelakin A. M., Agboola R. O., Abdullahi F., Yusuf S. A. (2020). A Study on the Comparative Analysis of Manet Routing Protocols in Nomadic Community Scenario, Amity Journal of Computational Science, Amity University, India, 4 (1), available at 118Paper 2.pdf (amity.edu)
12. Oyelakin A.M. & Jimoh R.G. (2020). Towards Building an Improved Botnet Detection Model in Highly Imbalance Botnet Dataset-A Methodological Framework, Middle East Journal of Applied Science & Technology, 3(1), January – March 2020, available at http://mejast.com/towards-building-an-improved-botnet-detection-model-in-highly-imbalance-botnet-dataset-a-methodological-framework.html
13. Oyelakin A.M., Salau-Ibrahim T.T., Ogidan B.S., Azeez R.D. & Ajiboye I.K. (2019).Peer-to-Peer Botnets: A Survey of Propagation, Detection and Detection Evasive Techniques, Fulafia Journal of Science and Technology, a Tetfund-funded Journal of Federal University, Lafia, Nassarawa State, Nigeria, 5(3):13-18
14. Oyelakin A.M. (2016). Implementation of ICT-Based Learning Tools in Nigerian Universities: Challenges and Prospects, Al-Hikmah Journal of Education 3(1):311-316
15. Oyelakin A.M. & Olanrewaju M.J. (2016). Towards a Secure Adoption of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policy in Nigerian Corporate Organisations, Computing, Information Systems, Development Informatics & Allied Research Journal 7(3):1-6
16. Oyelakin A.M. (2016). Integration of Wireless Connectivity for Classroom Learning: Bluetooth Short Range Communication as an Enabler, Al-Hikmah Journal of Education 3(2):355-361
E. ARTICLES IN CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
17. Oyelakin A.M. & Jimoh R.G. (2019). A Review on the Identification Techniques for Detection-Evasive Botnet Malware, in the Proceedings of Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), July 2019 International Conference
18. Oyelakin A.M. & Jimoh R.G. (2018). An Investigation into Packet routing in Mobile Ad-hoc Network using a Nomadic Community Scenario, in the proceedings of 1st International conference of Faculty of Communication and Information Sciences, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria, April 2018,647-657
19. Oyelakin A.M., Jimoh R.G. (2018). Simulation of Mobile Ad-hoc Network and its Applicability in Academic Scenario, in proceedings of 10th iSTEAM Multi Disciplinary Conference, February,2018 Conference, Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwuashi-uku, Delta State, Nigeria,679-687
20. Oyelakin A.M., Jimoh R.G. (2017).Towards Adopting Nomadic Computing to Promote Nomadic Education in Nigeria: An Overview of Technical Issues, in the proceedings of 11th International Multi-Conference on ICT Applications (AICTTRA),Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria, AICTTRA 2017, 56-61
21. Oyelakin A.M., Jimoh R.G. (2017). A Survey on Mobility Model, Application Scenario and Simulation of Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks, in the proceedings of 11th International Multi-Conference on ICT Applications (AICTTRA), Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria, AICTTRA 2017, 128-134
22. Oyelakin A. M. (2014). Spear Phishing Email Attack on Nigerian Bank Account Holders: Online Awareness to the Rescue , in the proceedings of ISTEAM Conference 2014, Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti, Nigeria, 185-188
F. PUBLISHED CHAPTERS IN EDITED BOOKS:
23. Jimoh R.G. & Oyelakin A.M. (2017). Achieving Knowledge Management Functionalities in the emerging Technology-driven Society using Information Technology, in Abdulsalam N. and Abdulraheem A.M.O. (Eds.), History and Philosophy of Science, 165-175.