Al-Hikmah University Central Journal
AL-HIKMAH JOURNAL OF HEALTH SCIENCES (AJOHS)
Al-Hikmah Journal of Health Sciences (AJOHS) is a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal that is published biannually by The Faculty of Health Sciences, Al-Hikmah University Ilorin, Nigeria.
Electronic submission of manuscripts is strongly encouraged. The text, tables, and figures should be included in a single Microsoft Word file (preferably in Times Roman font).
Please submit Manuscript as an e-mail attachment to the journal correspondence address:
to; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary to the Editorial Board
Faculty of Health Sciences, Al-Hikmah University, Nigeria
Please submit Manuscript as an e-mail attachment to the journal correspondence address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to: Secretary to the Editorial Board, Faculty of Health Sciences, Al-Hikmah University, Nigeria
1. Cover letter should include the corresponding author's full address and telephone numbers and should be in an e-mail message sent to the Secretary to the Editorial Board, with the file, whose name should begin with the first author's surname, as an attachment.
2. Manuscript must contain research results that have not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
3. Author(s) is (are) required to confirm that manuscript’s content has not been published elsewhere. Where significant portion of manuscript has appeared in thesis or dissertation, peer reviewed workshop / conference proceedings, at least 30% of manuscript must contain new content over previous publication, and the latter must be cited.
4. Manuscript should be in Microsoft Word for-mat (including illustrations) must not exceed 20 (12-font-size) double-spaced Times New Roman typed A4 pages and must include the following information:
Title Page (to contain items in i, ii and iii below)
- Title of article (should not exceed 21 words)
- Authors Names (Surname and Initials) of all authors.
- Address and affiliation of author(s)
- Abstract (not exceeding 250 words)
- Keywords (not more than five words)
- Body of article:
This should describe new and carefully confirmed findings, and experimental procedures should be given in sufficient detail for others to verify the work. The length of a full paper should be the minimum required to describe and interpret the work clearly. It shall be in the following main sections: Introduction, Material and Methods, Results, Discussions, Conclusions, Recommendations, Acknowledgements and References are to appear consecutively.
A Short Communication is suitable for recording the results of complete small investigations or giving details of new models or hypotheses, gene isolation and identification, innovative methods, techniques or apparatus. The style of main sections need not conform to that of full-length papers. Short communications are 2 to 4 printed pages (about 6 to 12 manuscript pages) in length.
Submissions of reviews and perspectives covering topics of current interest are welcome and encouraged. It should be concise and no longer than 4-6 printed pages (about 12 to 18 manuscript pages). Reviews are also peer reviewed.
- Illustration, Tables and graphs should be pre-pared on good quality paper. Lettering should be clear enough to permit reduction in size for printing. Tables, equations, maps, charts and diagrams should be referred to as Table (*); Eq. (*); Fig (*); and numbered in sequence in Arabic numerals. All measurements must be in metric units. Photographs should be on gloss.
- For studies involving human subjects, Institutional Ethical Approval must be obtained and a copy included in the submission. Informed consent should be obtained from the subject.
- References in text should be cited by names of authors and year of publication e.g. Balogun (2021). For articles written by three or more authors, et al. should be used after the name of the first author, e.g. Busari et al. (2021).
References should be listed alphabetically with full listing of authors. Several articles by the same authors should be listed chronologically. If more than one articles by the same author or team of authors was published in the same year, the letters a, b, and c, etc., should follow the year-e.g. Balogun (2020a), (2020b) in both the text and the reference list. Full title of article and names of all co-authors must be given. Approved standard journal full names should be used.
Journal: Busari, A.O. (2018) Medical Laboratory Science as a career among Secondary School Students in Kano. Bayero Journal of Medical Laboratory Science. 3(1): 7-10. A Publication of Department of Medical Laboratory Science Bayero University Kano-Nigeria
Book: Akinloye M. O. Oyedele I.O, Akinloye O and Adu D.F. (2011) Investigation of Measles Vaccine Induce Immunity in some vaccinated Children in Ibadan, Nigeria. In: Biotechnology: Trends in Advancement of Life Science Research and Development in Nigeria. Cuvillier, Verlag, Germany pg. 222-235.
x. Authors’ contributions: Authors are to state clearly their contributions to the body of knowledge with their full names and signature submit as an attachment together with the manuscript to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
xi. Copyright: Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, or thesis) that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
x. Publisher: Faculty of Health Sciences, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria. © The Publisher, 2021.